V6 longevity?

Hello all, new to group, I am considering purchasing a used audi mid to late

90's w/ v6 powerplant. Are there websites or sources that can help me determine longevity of this engine, problems associated w/ certain years, etc? Thanx to all in advance, andy
Reply to
andy

used to be very good:
believe its no longer in the air. "andy" schreef in bericht news:40bd5$404b2d8a$4503c9a3$ snipped-for-privacy@msgid.meganewsservers.com...

Reply to
Ad

I forgot to tell, My 2.6E lasted 180.000 miles before it blew its headgasket. Also, the catalic converters were up for replacement. Beware for noisy hydraulic lifters. I believe there is a relation between noisy lifters and oil change and oil quality. If the timing belt has to be changed, also change the waterpump, thermostat and tension wheels.