VW Polo Anti Roll bar - Front.

A Dealer is quoting £250 to replace the front anti roll bar assembly.

A third party (known) garage is quoting £100 while using original VW parts.

any comments on using the third party.

thanks

Reply to
Tom E

Without knowning the third party difficult to say. Some I wouldn't touch with a barge pole, some I'd take to over the dealers. The inde price does sound a bit cheap, but then don't know how much the assembly is either.

Reply to
Jon B

As the above has said applies. The dealers can charge more. Knowing the person who is doing the job counts. The roll bar does not seem to be a difficult job to do. However on modern vehicles the manufacturers have no consideration for repairs. So there could be snags. Get a manual if you can and have a look at the thing. Recently took my car to a dealer. I immediatly disliked the manager type person too freindly and efficient, I do not know the word that describes that sort but there are a lot of them around these days, kind of in your face, pretencious. The mechanics seemed okay, freindly enough and seemed to know what it was about.

Reply to
Donk

As the above has said applies. The dealers can charge more. Knowing the person who is doing the job counts. The roll bar does not seem to be a difficult job to do. However on modern vehicles the manufacturers have no consideration for repairs. So there could be snags. Get a manual if you can and have a look at the thing. Recently took my car to a dealer. I immediatly disliked the manager type person too freindly and efficient, I do not know the word that describes that sort but there are a lot of them around these days, kind of in your face, pretencious. The mechanics seemed okay, freindly enough and seemed to know what it was about.

I know what you mean about the VW dealership management. The last time his car went for a service, I went to pay and it took about 1/2 hour while he sat us down and went through the work item by item. It was only a regular service...........

My son has checked the RB costing with the third party and it includes a new bar, bushings and fitting with all VW parts. It's being done today so I will report back later.

Reply to
Tom E

All done, ARB replaced and MOT for £150.....very good. This would have been £300 with the dealership.

Reply to
Tom E

what I will add is that whenever the car has been worked on by the dealership they always wash and hoover it out...which you think is a nice gesture...but not at £150 more.

Reply to
Tom E