mondeo rear anti roll bar bushes.. part2

Hi,

Thanks for your help people. I changed all the rear anti roll bar bushes today but the clunk is still there :(

I think it's improved slightly, it isn't noticeable at speed but when doing less than 30mph especially down my bumpy lane it is very noticeable, I'm sure it comes from the rear of the car not the front.

What should I check next for possible causes? While I was underneath I gave everything a good waggle and couldn't see anything obviously loose.

Any help appreciated.

W.

Reply to
Well_i_Wonder

Shocker bushes, especially the top ones.

Reply to
Conor

exhaust knocking?

Reply to
dojj

Yeah I had a good look at the exhaust and the mountings but it all seemed ok.

W.

Reply to
Well_i_Wonder

Whack a few things with a rubber mallet, I've had a good success rate over the years finding clunky/rattly/knocking noises with this method.

Reply to
SteveB

hatchback's ajust the lock and that may help,or try .www.fordmondeo.org they should be able to help.

Reply to
Simondo

Thanks Simondo, the boot actually started squeeking a bit this weekend so I think that could well be the cause, Ill take a look.. Cheers.

W.

Reply to
Well_i_Wonder