Latest threads in Audi Cars Forumshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

A4 1.8T Timing Belt
Just a quick question to all of you. How much should a timing belt install cost on a 98 A4 with a 1.8? I would do the job myself, but I know I will not have a full day free for over a month and I've...
4
4

4th of July 2003!
Hope that you all, regardless of your own individual nationality, but of course particularly all of you US citizens, have had have a happy 4th of July today, or Independence Day (correct, I hope??)!...
5
5

Brakes whistling then grinding?
Hi... My 2000 A4's brakes (right rear, I think) developed the whistling noise that a lot of Audis apparently develop. According to folks at it's a pretty common thing as the brake rotors become glazed...
1
1

Re: Budding home mechanic...
James You may find useful information at The Yanks have only VW diesels but they are very passionate about their TDIs. Go to FAQ first. Regards Ernest Fred's TDI Page and Forums. Also called...
10
10

A4 2.8 Quattro Vibrating in Turns
Hi everyone. I am going to buy a 1997 A4 2.8 Quattro with 52,000 mi. Everything seemed pretty nice on the car. However, when making a slow turn, the car seems to vibrate. It almost seems like the...
1
1

Audi Concert Radio
I have a '98 Audi A4, when the radio went into 'SAFE' mode i entered the wrong code in twice and it froze on me ... all it says is 'SAFE' Does anyone know how to reset the Radio? I've tried...
1
1

A6 1.8T 150bhp Is not enough!!
Does anybody know how I can improve the engine power of my 1999 A6 1.8T SE Auto without spending too much money, as for this size of car more power is definately needed.
39
39

1996 Audi A4 2.8L performance upgrades
I own the 12 valve model and I was wondering, what people would recommend for performance upgrades. Currently I've been having a hell of a time finding website that carry performance parts for my...
1
1

audi a6 trottle position problem
Hello, I have a 1999 audi a6 that sat for a couple months without being driven. when I went to start the car, it seemed to be only firing on 5 cylinders. Turns out, the check engine light came on, I...
1
1

A6 - onboard computer problem, pls help me!
Hi! A6, 2,8 quattro, 1999. Suddenly my trip computer started to give me very strange information about current fuel consumption. I.E. - my car is STANDING in "D" position (red traffic light) and it...

FS: 88 5000 TQ wagon
What to say? This is no cherry. ~210,000 miles, engine is still strong. some rust, some dings. Car is in Eugene OR and can be driven reliably. Call 514.484.7599 5 - 9 pm PST

[UK] Part Exchange a NEW car?
Hi all, I'm on the look out for an A3 1.8 T Sport (auto). I've been offered a very favourable price (approx £15000) for a brand new car from Europe (UK spec) from a family friend. Its nearly...
3
3

Re: Some lorry driver!
Hi J.P. Sorry to hear about the Lorry incident, I suspect that this goes on all over the country. I actually witnessed a similar thing while waiting for the missus I was reclined a little in my seat...
3
3

Audi 8 Pin Changer (1996-1997) For Sale w/No Reserve

Odd Ignition/Electrical Prob - '87 5kQ
(I think this is bad.) I started her up the other day, and went to put the windows down. None of the switches worked. Then I noticed that the Climate Control was blank and my headlights/directionals...
2
2