1980 528i E12

Howdy to All from the Lone Star State (Texas USA)

I have recently purchased a nicely used 1980 528i and really enjoy it as it is my first BMW. I have been reading the post by so many of you and still find it refreshing to see so many folks openly helping one another. I do have one question, the two rear windows will not function. What should I check first? The switches? are there seperate fuses / relays for the individual electric windows? The two front windows work just fine.

I do appreciate any pointers. Have a great day.

jp

Reply to
parker.jamesw

wrote

There's a disable switch at the driver's position. Also, check the reset buttons/circuit breakers near the driver left knee - little round button-like thingys.

If neither of those is the problem, the lift motors are frozen - quite common, even with new 200x models; you'd think they'd be able to get it right after all this time. I had to R&R or lubricate the lifts in my '77 several times.

FloydR

Reply to
Floyd Rogers

Just a guess, but cars of that age sometimes had a disable button for the rear windows only - to prevent kids playing with them and running the battery flat. And the switch/relay operating this circuit can get dirty through lack of use.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

Nice :-)

Look for the "firstfives" site and te E12 board on Roadfly.

Reply to
John Burns