2007 X3 Sirius shark fin antenna

Although my dealer was upset that I would have the temerity to DIY, I installed my own Sirius receiver in a pre-wired 2003 X3. Took all of about 15 minutes. After install the radio recognizes that there is a Sirius receiver installed as I go through the mode selections and it even talks to the unit to the degree that it will retrieve the correct Sirius ID from the unit but it will not hook up with the satellite.

The dealer replaced the receiver when I described the problem and I get the same message, ACQUIRING in the radio window but it does not connect and switch me to the Sirius channel to complete the subscription.

I searched Google and found a board with a post thread from a guy who had the same problem and after going back and forth with his dealer and the service center, they found a technical bulletin that says that BMW mis-wired the 2007 X3 shark fin antenna and it needs to be redone to work. But there were no details on the technical service bulletin or a way to contact the guy who posted. He said he had a copy of the TSB and that it was too much work for him to do and that he was going to have his dealer do it.

Before I have to go at the dealer six times - he was unhappy to begin with that I was going to do it myself - does anyone have any details on this TSB that I can use to short circuit a multiple try effort? A reference number or a scanned copy of the TSB would be great.

We love our black X3. What a machine.

Thanks for help.

Rob West Sarasota, FL US Rob West snipped-for-privacy@comcastspam.net Sarasota, FL

Reply to
Rob West

Scroll down to the STEREO section and have a go.

Bill in Omaha '86 535i

[...]

Bill