318i....1991

Recently acquired a 318i lux,and cannot understand a sound I get about twice per day when driving...The sound is `bleep-bleep-bleep`. This with the radio turned off. Can anyone explain...Many thanks.jon.

Reply to
fisherjon

twice per day the alarm is going off at precisely the same time AM and PM. It's in the check control display where the clock and temperature are.

Reply to
Fred W

Memo function on the onboard computer perhaps (I'll bet you have the six button OBC with digital clock and external temp display).

Reply to
John Burns

How cold is it outside? My 1997 318i makes what I'd call a "ding-ding-ding" sound when the temperature drops to just above freezing. It's a warning to watch for ice. The temperature display flashes at the same time.

Tom.

Reply to
Tom S.

Maybe the squirrels in that "engine" looking for food?

Reply to
Dan