525i starts up with "brake lt circuit" and dies after 5 mins

when i start my 95 525i it starts and runs, but die within 3 to 5 minutes. Also the info center reads.." brake light circuit" and the brake lite does not work. After a boost, the "brake light circuit" clears and the brake lite start working again.

I suspect a weak or dying battery but I would like to know if there maybe something else that could be causing this problem... I dont to go buy a new battery and still have the same problem. My wife drives that car and I would hate to get her stuck.

Reply to
jamcashebay00

What's the battery voltage with the car running, and without the car running?

Could be a battery, sure. A voltmeter will tell you. Could be your battery isn't being charged, and that's more likely. A voltmeter will tell you that also.

--scott

Reply to
Scott Dorsey

Well, heck, if it dies *that* quickly, connect your car's battery to your spouse's battery with jumper cables and retest...

/daytripper '00 s4 6spd

Reply to
daytripper

Reply to