Fw: Engine fault code "Quad driver module circuit"

My 89 Buick century is giving me fualt codes 26 and 27. the manual says "Quad driver module circuit"but does not say what it is or what to do about it. the car is idleing ok but runs rough. Can anybody help? Thanks, Ed

Reply to
Edward Henning

Code 26 is refering to the QDM that drives the TCC circuit. Check all fuses, check all grounds. Check brake switch for proper operation. Any further diagnosis would require a scan tool, basically to check the ECM for proper operation.

Code 27 refers to a problem with the "mid gear switch" located inside the transmission. Now I would start checking the connector going to the transmission for good clean contacts. Quick check to see if it's the ECM or the wires: disconnect connector at transmission. Using a test light, check termial "C" and "B" for 12VDC, be sure ignition switch is "ON", engine "OFF". If yes on both, look at tranny for problem. If no on both, check wires at ECM and in between. If no on one and yes on the other, do the same. If all wires, connectors and grounds check out, replace ECM.

I am also seeing that both these codes refer to circuit that get power through the brake switch. I think I would start there, are your brake light working? Are all your fuses okay?

Steve

Reply to
Steve Mackie

the egr. Code 27 probably due to code 26 active on shutdown or startup.

Reply to
=?x-user-defined?Q?=AB?= Paul

No offence intended, but please check your info properly before suggesting fixes or what to look for. This particular vehicle, 1989 Buick Century has a

3.3L V6, not the 3.8L found in the late 80s Park Avenue. Different engine all together. I am looking at the DTCs for his particular car and my previous post outlines what I think he should look for base on the info I have in front of me. There is NO EGR run off the QDMs that are giving the codes 26 and 27. In fact, from what I can tell, the '89 Centruy 3.3L doesn't even have an EGR! (Looking at the vacuum diagram I can't see an EGR listed and looking at the ECM pin outs I can't see an EGR terminal) So now you have the poor guy looking for an EGR he doesn't even have. :(

Steve

Reply to
Steve Mackie

No offence taken & thank you for the correction. I was thinking 60 degree engine. Paul.

Reply to
=?x-user-defined?Q?=AB?= Paul