'95 325i Photo Sensor

Any idea what the Photo Sensor is for? It's located on the radio right below the anti left LED.

I read the radio owner's manual and it doesn't specifically indicate what its for or purpose is.

Thanks for the insight.

Reply to
frasuy

At night - with the radio on - shine the glovebox flashlight at the sensor, I think you'll see what it does..

Reply to
Don

Make sense...the radio display alluminates brighter. Thanks for the tip.

Reply to
frasuy

I never even noticed that sensor before!

I just tested your idea about the flashlight, and found that the display brightens anytime a bright light is shown on it. It does not require night time, nor does it require the headlamps to be on. As the light level changes in the car, the display level also gets brighter or dimmer. More light makes the display brighter, by the way.

Reply to
Jeff Strickland

Most people don't.

I suggested night time since it is most obvious then.

Now - have you found the cells for the instrument cluster and the HVAC controls?

Reply to
Don

My life support system's control is the type with dials and knobs, so it hasn't got a display.

Reply to
Jeff Strickland