Best Rated threads in BMW Cars and SUVsshow all threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

trunk capacity of e46 WITH fold down seats...?????????
Hi guys... I want to buy something from Ikea... Can I fit a box that is 180 x 90 x 50 centimeters in the back of my 330 (WITH fold down seats) That is 71 inches long, 35 wide, and 20 inches long......
3
3

Troubleshooting E30 A/C
I have an 87 325is that I'm trying to get the A/C functioning in and here's where I stand. If I run a wire from +12v to the compressor, the clutch locks in. HOWEVER, pressing the A/C button (the...
16
16

Is it just BMW that does not recommend tire rotation?
Do any other manufacturers other than BMW not recommend tire rotation? Tire rotation The tread wear patterns at the front end differ from those at the rear - the actual patterns will vary according to...
55
55

Asbestos in BMW brake pads?
Is there asbestos in the parking brake pads on a '86 BMW 323i (disc brakes all around). If so, is it necessary to take any special precautions, or is it not enough to make a difference? Thanks, Ulf
11
11

E65 Overheat
Just bought an e65 745i and was wondering, what indication comes up if the car starts to overheat. Does the warning system 'bong' to warn you or do get some sort of bargraph display (like the range...
2
2

Rough idle in 520i E34/M50
Hi, I have several problems with my 520i and will appreciate any help to evaluate them before looking at it or going to the stealer. The car is an 520i, bought new by me in 1994, engine M50, 154,000...
2
2

2001 325Cic - code P3069
My 'check engine' light came on and I had the code 'read'. It came up with a code P3069, but there was no description. We cleared the code, and it didn't come right back on, so maybe it was a stray...

1986 E30 M20 325i - Timing Belt Slipped??
My baby backfired and stopped working last week. I lost the spark to the plugs. To cut a long story short, after testing the coil and engine sensors, etc, i finally traced the fault to the ECU....
1
1

1995 E34 Touring ride height low ?
I had the rear springs changed for new - dampers were OK - and whilst the new springs were 2" longer laying on the ground, the ride height is no better - the mudguard bottom edge is about halfway down...
3
3

633csi won't start
Hi, I'm new to this so I hope I do this right. I've got a big problem with my BMW 633csi. It won't start. A couple of days ago it turned over, now it won't even do that. The only thing that happened...
2
2

88 528e tach not working & bad vibration when moving
I AM NEW TO THE BMW GROUP AND HAVE JUST GOT THIS 1988 528E W 146K MILES. VARY NICE CAR BUT IT VIBRATES WHEN MOVEING MOSTLY ON TAKE OFF A FEW TIMES IT FELT LIKE THE DIVELINE WAS HITTING THE UNDERSIDE...
1
1

Brake rotors - life expectancy
Hi all, Okay, I'm relatively new to BMW ownership but over the 3 or 4 months I've been listening in on this group I have read a number of posts concerning brake discs (rotors not pads) wearing out in...
33
33

E46 320d Poor Acceleration
I have recently purchased a 3 year old 320d Tourer and it has a couple of problems that I am hoping somebody can help me with. 1. The acceleration is pretty sluggish (not to mention ambarrassing) and...
1
1

clogged fuel filter causes engine to overheat?
My wife worked for 6 months as a car detailer in a BMW Autohaus. She says while she was there, there had two cars in the workshop that overheated because the fuel filter was dirty. I never heard this...
5
5

Boot lid won't open
Have a 2001 BMW 530D ant the key fob will no longer open the boot remotely. Really annoying! The switch inside the car (just below drivers door pillar) won't work either. Key fob opens all doors etc...
2
2

e36 - on board computer - flashing dashboard lights
Interesting to note John. The 320i has done 178,000km. One wonders if it's a matter of luck sometimes when something fails. On odd occasions, the 320i refuses to start, with just a click from under...
9
9

Sorry, Gran Coupe Fans: A BMW M4 Gran Coupe Isn't Going To Happen
M3, too.
7
7

BMW's engine autostop feature
I've had the experience of driving a BMW X1 this week, as a loaner car. My own car was in the body shop for some damages, so the insurance company sprang for the X1 as my loaner. I was taken a little...
17
17

Why does BMW only offer the E90 335d with an Auto Transmission?!
This is from a car for clunker thread on another BMW forum (bimmerhead): I was considering trading in my 1990 E34 535i, 5spd, 124K miles but the only new BMW that qualifies for the program is the E90...
24
24

1995 525i e34 AC Refrigerant
What type of refrigerantis in a 1995 525i (e43) ? 12 or 134a?? Thx..
1
1