Best Rated threads in BMW Cars and SUVsshow all threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

2001 e39 530i 5-spd 91,00 miles. Starts with jumpers but stalls when jumper cables removed.
My son started it fine. Drove about 4-5 miles and the engine stalled and would not restart. He notice a pop in the radio at the time. I tested the battery at about 11.9 volts when I arrived to jump...
2
2

96 BMW 328is failed Smog Test! P0455 P0442 P0420
Hey this looks bad and I need your honest opinion before I head out to my mechanic who will rob me. No kidding! My car initially failed the Fuel Cap Functional test and the System Malfunction light....
5
5

E34 headlamp - bulbs keep blowing up !!
Hi all, need help, my E34 headlamp bulbs have been so often now been burning off.I've upgraded from 55W to 100W, I've been told it's either an overcharging alternator or Insufficient earthing. Could...
17
17

Fuel Smell - Defrost
I get a fairly powerful gasoline smell when I use the defrost. I assume I have a fuel line leak and whatever the configuration of vents/baffles the defrost setting has is the only time it is directed...
7
7

E34 Coolant Level Warning
I have a 1993 E34 with the M50 engine and I'm getting a coolant level warning. I have done the following: checked the coolant level - everything is OK changed the sensor with the float - still get the...
2
2

1986 325es Power steering leaks
Hi everyone, I have a 1986 BMW 325es and I noticed that the power steering fluid keeps leaking. I looked down and there are two hoses that come out of the end of the resorvios, one goes to the front...
4
4

won't start ,won't turn over,security code alarm interlock
Drivers I had a Electronic transmission control module". problem ,thinking that battery power is central to all........I replaced a battery that started the car and load checked ok. Being 3 .5 yrs old...
1
1

E36 M42 Diff Gear Swap
I need to replace differential gear for 1992 BMW E36 M42 engine as it makes noise. 1. Is that true that the ratio of this stock final drive is 3.45? 2. Will 1996 328 E36 differential gear with 3.91...
8
8

E46 Headache
Hello All, I feel like I'm back home. I've just purchased a 2002 E46 325i (Silver Ext - Black Int). I went over a year without a BMW... I hope never to repeat that mistake. (Miatas... Phooey) The car...
16
16

ASC+T won't disable on E34 525
I've got a 95 E34 (525ia) with 98k miles. When I press the ASC+T switch to disable the ASC+T, nothing happens. The light is working since it comes on briefly during startup. I need to be able to...
2
2

E39 99 528i Steering wheel and drivers seat adjustment
new problem, started yesterday - seat and steering wheel would not adjust. I checked the fuses (in glove box) and sure enough #13 (30amp) is blown). I change it, all is good until the next day - when...
10
10

remove storage box lid - '06 Z4 Roadster - help! Help! HELP! Please.
I decided to install the BMW Sirius receiver in my 2006 Z4 Roadster and although I am very handy, I'm stuck at the first step, removing the swing down lid on the rear center storage box so I can get...

E90 Squeaky gearshift
Have an '06 330xi manual tranny, the shifter squeaks under the leather boot, as if the knuckle joints or lever joints are dry (not lubed). I've asked the BMW dealer to lube them in two different...

E36 door jammed
I have a 95 bmw 325 is .. and well the door isnt jammed so to speak .. its the locking mech id say .. everytime i close the door anr reopen it .. the handle sticks and i have to pull quite hard to...
2
2

Holding down s/r button and clock button
The other day I was stuck in traffic and decided to zero out the computer on my Z4. Unfortunately I did not have my glasses on. I held down the s/r button and the trip odometer changed to ---------....

Valve cover gasket
How to replace valve cover gasket on a 528i bmw Thanks
1
1

E28...wheel options?
I just picked up this ancient 1982 528e, for nothing. it has these little 14" wheels and tires on it. the car handles and stops pretty good, but i feel like the little tires are holding it back. i...
10
10

1980 320i (E21) Custom Radiator Solves Over Heating Problem
Even since the car was new, on hot summer days my 1980 BMW 320i would run hot, especially with the air conditioning running. I have the 1.8L 4-cyl with manual 5-speed transmission, which only produces...

BMW 318i 91 Audio Wiring and Carpc Help - PLEASE!!!!! Stressing myself out!!
Hi there, Firstly, hello, just joined and this is my first post here. Nice group, I certainly hope that some of you might be able to help me. Here is my dillema. I am building myself a carpc, which I...
3
3

Poor E39 handbrake.
Have any E39's got good h/brakes? Auto 528i Had new rear discs, pads, and shoes fitted today. Handbrake is still very poor. I'm nor exactly a weakling, but without using the footbrake I can't pull it...
19
19