Boot lid won't open

Have a 2001 BMW 530D ant the key fob will no longer open the boot remotely. Really annoying! The switch inside the car (just below drivers door pillar) won't work either. Key fob opens all doors etc as normal. Anyone any ideas?

Cheers

Reply to
grazz

Sounds to me like the solenoid at the trunk (boot) latch has failed. Look for a loose wire.

Reply to
Rex B

Sounds like the boot actuator has failed. When you press the boot release button on the key fob when standing next to the boot, do you hear a whirr noise or a series of clicks but no boot opening?? Then its most likely the boot actuator. You should be able to open the boot with the key just to be sure its not a lock problem. If you can open the boot then you can replace the actuator yourself, just buy another one, and use the tools in your toolkit to get to it Allen key is required.. I had a similar problem with mine, bought and replaced the actuator in 20mins.

good luck

Reply to
ChrisJ