e34 95 525i oil leak behind oil filter cup housing

the1995 e34 525i has a serious oil leak coming from behind the oil filter cup. I have to use a mirror to view it; but its leaking from
lower rear of the oil cup. There is a circular indentation or cutout with something that looks like a bolt with a rounded off head and kept in by a clip.... thats where the oil is coming from. I was wondering if this can be taken apart and fixed without taking the cup off the engine [which looks to be a big job]. And if so; what is the best form of attack and what do I need to get from the dealer.
Was the end plugs o ring the problem. Did u manage to resolve Let me know, I think I have the same problem Malcolm @ south africa
I believe I have the same issue, the suspense is killing me. Please someone update this!
On Tue, 16 May 2017 17:48:19 -0700 (PDT), snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrote:

Update what?
Albert Einstein <Nobelprize.org> wrote:

A post from 20 years back about an oil leak. Likely a bad gasket, maybe a damaged filter cup surface. --scott