e36 door handle broke... i think

the handle that unlocks my driver's side door will not unlock the door so I can't open it from the inside. I think the handle broke because it just swings freely not catching onto the mechinism that unlockes the door. I haven't taked the door panel off yet, but can I replace the handle on the inside myself? Is it an easy part to come by?

Am I right to think that this is what's wrong? The car door will open and lock from the outside, so I'm pretty sure I'm on the right track.

Thanks!

Reply to
tdarragh

IIRC there's a linkage between the internal handle and the lock, it's possible this has come off. You'll find out when you take the panel off.

Dodgy.

Reply to
Dodgy