E39 winshield washer nozzles

Mine are completely plugged, so I removed them to clean. Bewfore I start, though, there is an electrical connection. I assume this is simply something to keep them from freezing and there is nothing like an electrical valve. Is this true?

Reply to
RichK

"RichK" wrote

You English guys and your quaint language: "valve". I presume you mean switch. The answer is no; it comes on (at least in my E34 and E46) with the ignition switch just like the exterior rear-view mirror heaters.

Floyd

Reply to
fbloogyudsr

You Floyd guys and your lack of language knowledge: "valve" - he means an electrically operated VALVE - such as a device to open or close the flow of water through the washer nozzles. d'uh.

Sounds like a perfectly logical and well constructed question to me - I'd have to guess your reading comprehension isn't all that high.

Reply to
Don

I was thinking the same thing, but as a colonist, what do I know about the quaint way you guys butcher the language? ;-)

Reply to
J Strickland

Reply to
RichK

Well that's a fine how-do-you-do!

You're butchering the language, and you're not even from the Motherland, you're a local.

Reply to
J Strickland

Actually, the most common use of valve that I know of - as an electrical engineer - is the term for a vacuum tube. Remember them?

And if you remember the *CONTEXT*, the OP is talking "electrical" thingies, not water flow, so up yours.

Floyd

Reply to
fbloogyudsr

I remember reading a few years ago that some Brit police force was equipping itself with Skodas. It was asked if they were the 16 valve versions, and some wag responded, "yes, 8 in the engine, and 8 in the radio."

Thank you, and good night.

Reply to
Dean Dark

Really? There is no water flow through the electrically heated windshield washer nozzles? Hmmm... imagine that.

Well, actually, there *is* none through his. That was his originbal complaint. But there is supposed to be.

-Fred W

Reply to
Malt_Hound

Reply to