Re: my bmw radio requires code

You need to get the radio's serial number. A BMW parts counter should be able to match up your serial number with the security code. There are two types of security codes, a EURO one and a US one. Get BOTH of them, because some radios are coded with the EURO code even though it's a US unit. There are two ways to get the serial number:

1) Enter programming mode and get the serial number. This is done by turning off the radio, Turn on the radio then, hold down the M button on the left lower portion of the radio's faceplate for about 10 seconds. The display will change to the radio's serial number. Write this down. Should be a 8 digit number.

2) pull the radio out, on the sticker should be the serial number. It is the 8 digit number that follows the BP0273. You can see what i'm talking about in the pictures of the radio unit i just sold: Pictures of Radio

I hope that helps...

I have a bmw 735i 1989. My battery was dead and when Its charged, the radio > require codes to get it back on . I don't have the code, and I removed the > radio to look for serial number, but the S/N is not there anymore . There > are some numbers like ID number, but there is no S/N. I went to dealership > to help me check it out , but to no avail. Please, what can I do . I need > your help. I have been driving this car without music. >

Posted using QuadSucker/News,
... the ultimate tool for newsgroup downloading!-----------------------------------------------------------
Reply to
94_740IL