shift linkage c clip

Hey everyone,

my shift linkage on my e30 325i just came apart so I looked down to find that the connection had simply come apart. I stuck the rod back in the eye and temporarily fastened it but, by the look of it, there is a c-clip that is used to fasten the assembly. My question is, is this a standard c clip or is it a specialty part from bmw. If it is a standard c clip i can just use one from my work as there is a machine shop here. Also, if anyone knows the dimensions of the part it would be great so i dont have to try to measure it through that tiny hole in the center console

Thanks

Reply to
grammar1

Here's a link to the illustrated parts catalog on RealOEM

shows that the circlip is a special part with a hood on it for some reason. You are probably also missing the plastic washers if it came apart.You can probably get these parts from a dealer if you've got time to wait for them. They can't cost very much.It seems like there is probably a pretty good chance that this happened because the bushing or pin is worn to the point that the misalignment of the joint was enough to put a thrust load on the circlip. You might want to check this while it's apart.

Reply to
Jack