Sound signal

Sometimes I can hear a short sound signal in my car. This usually happens soon after I start the engine. Once it happened about 1 minute after I switched on the headlights while driving. What can this be?

Reply to
AK

This is the warning message telling you to open your owners manual and read it... it sometimes seems to coincide with the temperature nearing freezing for some reason. Go figure eh?

Reply to
admin

Someones left an experimental electro mix cd in the stereo ?

Reply to
Brownz (Mobile)

On mine, if you've got the external temperature selected on the OBC, this flashes to coincide with the 'bong', to warn of possibly icy roads.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

Actually, on ours it bongs regardless of what has been selected or not.

Reply to
Fred W

Well yes. I didn't imply it didn't. ;-)

That's only logical anyway since it's a warning.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

The annoying thing is that the OBC displays on mine ('99 & '03) also switch to temperature (which then flashes) and have to be manually switched back.

Tom K.

Reply to
Tom K.

What is OBC?