trip odometer fix

My trip odometer reset stick on my '92 E34 doesn't work. You can press it all day and it does nothing. How big of a pain is it to get into there and fix/replace? Note: the other stick on the dash besides the trip odometer (can't even remember what that one's supposed to do) doesn't work either.

thanks,

Reply to
Carl Hollomon

Common BMW problem. The odometer gears are made of a plastic that does not tolerate heat and age well. The teeth break off, typically when you push the reset button while moving.

I bought a set for my '89 E24 from:

They can probably help you too, if you are inclined to do the work yourself.

Good Luck, Ray

Reply to
Raymond Lillard