Unexpected annoyances

I own a 2003 530i. After two years, the passenger side low beam light went out. Also, I'm often missing dots on the mileage display. Do other people have these problems?

Reply to
Tucker

yes

Reply to
tech27

Have a similarly fading display in my '98 Audi, presumably outsourced by the Germans to the same rubbish company?

"tech27" escribió en el mensaje news:RqJ4e.60755$ snipped-for-privacy@newsread1.mlpsca.us.to.verio.net...

Reply to
JP Roberts

If you're in the US - the car is covered by 50k/4 year maintenance plan, that includes light bulbs, and the warranty will cover the missing dots. Common problem on the E39 and even out of warranty, BMW will replace it for just the labor charge (you have to call BMW-NA and ask..)

Mine just started doing this - luckily it's under warranty.

Reply to
Don