what to use for leather care?

Can someone recommend a god product for cleaning and conditioning leather seats on my 2006 SRX? They are in good shape now and i want to keep them that way. Thanks Eric

Reply to
Eric

From the Owner's Manual of my 2001 Deville DHS:

Cleaning Leather Use a soft cloth with lukewarm water and a mild soap or saddle soap and wipe dry with a soft cloth. Then, let the leather dry naturally. Do not use heat to dry.

For stubborn stains, use a leather cleaner. See your dealer for this product.

Never use oils, varnishes, solvent-based or abrasive cleaners, furniture polish or shoe polish on leather.

Soiled or stained leather should be cleaned immediately. If dirt is allowed to work into the finish, it can harm the leather.

Take care,

- Don Vancouver, USA

Reply to
Don Schmidt

Reply to
Eric

Sorry, I have no experience with it.

Don

Reply to
Don Schmidt

To clean the leather I use a mixture one part woolite to 12 parts water on our 911 cabriolet. There's a dermatologist on one of the Porsche boards and he's written quite a bit about leather care; that's where I got the cleaning recipe. It's amazing how dirty leather can get in a year. I use Meguire's Quick Interior Detailer to keep the leather looking nice; but a lot of people use products from Lexol and others use Mothers Leather Conditioner.

Reply to
Low Life #3