reliability of hardtop, V6, 1995 camaro

Hi to all:

I just found a guy wanting to sell a 1995 Camaro for $5,500. It has

53,000 miles on it and is in good condition. Nothing premium, everything is standard.

How reliable is this year and model? I'm planning to take it to my garage and mechanic for inspection before the sale. What should I be looking for? He has no maintenance records on it, but says that he oil has been changed every 3,000 miles.

Is there a way to tell that the speedometer turned over and really has

153,000 on it?

Thanks for all the help,

Art

Reply to
mathtutoring

The speedometer has a 100000 digit. What engine/trans? In general, if reliability is of paramount importance to you, it might not be the best choice.

Reply to
JimV

The engine is a 3.4 liter, and the trans is an automatic.

Art

PS...Exactly how reliable > snipped-for-privacy@comcast.net wrote:

Reply to
mathtutoring

Check the vehicle sites like Edmunds.com and read the reviews. In that car the trans is probably the weak link.

Reply to
JimV

Site for prices depending on the condition.

Reply to
George López