Latest threads in Chevy Camaroshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

timing issue
I installed my distributor and I am having problems. All the marks are correct. The harmonic is at zero, the valves on #1 are closed and yet when I drop in the distributor and turn over the engine and...
3
3

P1676 Driver 4 Line 6 Error - HELP!!! What does this mean?
Camaro starts and idles smooth, does not accelerate well, can only get it up to about 35mph - no power! When we plug in a code reader we get error P1676 which we know is a manufacturer specific code...
1
1

car not starting... help please
i hold the clutch all the way in, turn the key, and nothing happens... sometimes it will start, but totaly randomly... no clicks or anything so i dont think its the starter... so i had an idea to hold...
3
3

Help Identifying Chevy Small Block
Hi, I have posted here on a couple of occasions regarding a '73 Camaro I am restoring. Recently, the starter nose cone broke off, and while replacing it I requested a starter for a 307, which is the...
1
1

clutch still is messed up!
I originaly posted this and got a responce... (see below....) I replaced the master and the clutch felt the same and my dad whos an ex racer suggested that maybe its a self bleeding system... so i...
2
2

Clutch feels very weird... help?
I have a 1995 Z28 and the other day my clutch pedal went totaly limp and the clutch wouldnt disengauge. I pulled over and checked the fluid and it was fine... so I just drove home matching the revs...
1
1

Limited Slip Differential?
Hi How can I find out wether my 1983 Camary Z28 has a limited slip differential or not? Placing the car on jackstands and turn one of the wheels and looking what the other wheel does? Regards Dominik
1
1

5th Generation Camaro
You're invited to check out my yahoo 5th Generation Camaro group... if you like it, you're invited to join, and then to express any thoughts ideas or opinions you have of the 5th Generation Camaro now...

Muffling Effect of Catalytic Converter
I have a 1985 Z-28 5.0L TPI. I was wondering if the catalytic converter contributes any significant exhaust noise reduction. I recently replaced both the original catalytic converter and the muffler...
1
1

Looking for a manual for '82 Camaro Z28 Indy 500 car
My nephew is restoring a "82 Camaro Z28 Indy 500 car. He is looking for a restoration book. He thinks it is called Nuts & Bolts and that you can get it for specific cars. Does anyone know where we...
7
7

Power Steering Leak - 1997 Z28
Hey, I'm new here if that isn't already painfully obvious. I'm also pretty new to car mod and cars in general, which is funny since I'm a tracked vehicle mechanic in the Army (that has yet to touch a...
2
2

No reverse in 1995 Z28 w/ 5.7LT1
A day or so ago got into the car, shifted to reverse, it took a minute then it finally dropped into gear, it dropped very hard. Now the car wont shift into reverse at all. Rest of the gears are fine...
2
2

knocking noise in motor "intermitent"
i've just put in a new 454 (rebuilt) in my boat. it came out of a nova. i changed the came to a 112 lobe center and put it in the boat. it ran great. then started to sputter. i pulled the intake to...
3
3

CAMARO 1994 LT1 5.7L
I HAVE A 1994 CAMARO 5.7 LT1, IT OVERHEATS CONSTANTLY, I HAVE REPLACE THE HEADS ON A PREVIOUS ENGINE TWICE. SO I DECIDE TO SWAP ENGINES WITH A 1995 CHEVY IMPALA 5.7L LT1 IT DID THE SAME THING AGAIN....
4
4

350 motor has no power
I put in a fresh rebuilt 68' 350 chevy motor with 410 hp. I got it all hooked up, and i have a problem when i try to accelarate, It literally feels like im getting maybe 150ish hp. When i push the...
8
8