03 Suburban airbag replacement.

Hello all. i recently went to get in my vehical for work and my stering weel airbag and passenger side airbag were deployed? i have no idea how this happend since the car was sitting in the driveway?...is there anyway i can replace the nessesary parts for this? or do i need to deal with my insurence company...uggh. thanks

Reply to
.....:::::Keith kress:::::....

Can`t you just go to the dealership for replacement?

".....:::::Keith kress:::::....." wrote in message news:pLW7f.102058$ snipped-for-privacy@twister.nyroc.rr.com...

Reply to
D-farr

Greetings,

The first thing I'd do is file a police report - there is a possibility that someone took your truck for a little joy ride and you are going to want paperwork with the police to cover your butt just in case they show up on your doorstep a few days from now with an arrest warrant for you for an accident you're truck was in and left the scene. The other possibility is that someone was trying to steal or vandalize your truck or even trying to steal your airbags (yes, it does happen) and you are going to want a report for your insurance company. Airbags and related components are pretty expensive, maybe moreso that you realize.

Second, it's not just a matter of replacing the airbags, you're going to want to find out why they deployed. Let's say just for the sake of argument that they deployed for no good reason while your truck was sitting in the driveway. This is a gross safety defect and you need to find out why it happened (and to hold the manufacturer responsible) and prevent it from happening again. If it could happen while sitting in your driveway then it also could happen while on the highway and trust me when I say that you DON'T want that! There also may be bad sensors or wiring and just putting in new bags isn't going to fix the problem, you're going to need a certain level of expertise in order to track down any other components that need to be replaced.

Good luck - Jonathan

".....:::::Keith kress:::::....." wrote in message news:pLW7f.102058$ snipped-for-privacy@twister.nyroc.rr.com...

Reply to
Jonathan