1986 S-10

1986 chevy S-10, throttle body efi, 2.8l, 2 wheel drive, auto trans. fuse on juction box under hood on firewall will blow out about
once every two weeks. starter turns motor but fuel is cut off. when I replace the fuse it starts and runs strongs for another two weeks or so then blows. have no clue to what could be blowing fuse..anyone else ever had this problem or know what it could be? tia.
wrap it up in some tinfoil

Fuel pump pulling too many amps, and matt-jones should be locked in a cage with rabid dingos for his suggestion
Whitelightning
nfoave.net...

=========== ===========
rotflmao
~:~ marsh ~takes a sip of his shroomjuice .......~ ~:~
nfoave.net...

================= =================
The fuel pump wire runs UNDER the drivers side floor mat on many of the older S-10 models. The wire has a habbit of getting "rub through" after time. This could be cause of your symptom.
jest a guess....only a guess.....in case of a real emergency, contact yer local tech.
~:~ MarshMonster ~takes a sip of his shroomjuice........sets out the traps fer some dingos~ ~:~
Marsh Monster wrote:

04.infoave.net...
My 89 s-10 ( same body Style) has only the DOME LIGHT wire and Rear Speaker Wires under the MAT on the LEFT side
When I took my CAB off for RESTORing the Truck I replaced the CAB. GUTTED IT, USED old Wireing Harness for the NEW CAB/
Fuel pump Wires were UNDER the CAB and Ran along The FRAME .
Tomorrow I will look again just to Be sure Which Side the Fuel pump wires run along The FRame . My Guess is LEFT side since the Tank is on the LEFT side . I do not know what Fuse the Guy is Talking about, Since My Fuse in within the Fuse block inside The CAB http://www.freewebs.com/kotarski/plow.htm click 1st picture one time to enlarge it, Then USS THE NEXT Button

4.infoave.net...
============= =============
Tom, my bust...........I'm thinking of S-10 "Blazers". Your truck may not be wired the same. ooooooops.
that's bout as close to an apology as yer gonna git, or an admittal of posting bad info......!!
:)
~:~ marsh ~takes a slug of his crownroyal.......oh well....another mistake~ ~:~
Marsh Monster wrote:

ws04.infoave.net...
you owe me No apology . Newsgroups are for Everyone to post there info, Whether Correct or Not. It is up to the READER of the post to take all Post into Consideration and ACT accordingly .

tom wrote:

yes, THAT'S certAinly SOMETHING that's qUite TRUE

I was reading your message and i have a simular problem with my 87 S10 Blazer. it stopped pumping fuel on Sunday. i changed out the fuel pump and some oil pressure gas shut off sensor because it was cracked and leaking oil. i am stumped on why this blazer is not pumping fuel. where is this fuse box under the hood that i should look into. i happend to come accross a loose wire that i re grounded.... after i did all of this it ran for about an 1/2 hour.
thanks for your input.
I was reading your message and i have a simular problem with my 87 S10 Blazer. it stopped pumping fuel on Sunday. i changed out the fuel pump and some oil pressure gas shut off sensor because it was cracked and leaking oil. i am stumped on why this blazer is not pumping fuel. where is this fuse box under the hood that i should look into. i happend to come accross a loose wire that i re grounded.... after i did all of this it ran for about an 1/2 hour.
thanks for your input.
87 does not havea fuse box under the hood.
Whitelightning

thanks for the input. it ended up being a fuse under the dash. i assume it must have blown when the fuel pump went out. thanks again for all the input. this site helped me out big time.
Billy.
Whitelightning wrote:

While matt's suggestion is not the recommended method, it WILL find the problem or the problem will find you :) Just have a fire extinguisher ready! And, have the positive terminal "twist off" tight so you can remove power when you see smoke :)

It suuuure would be nice to know what this fuse went too. :) ya know?