1994 GMC Sierra

I want to install a cd changer in my 1994 extended cab but am unable to get to the antenna. Any clues out there?

- Bill

Reply to
Bill Spencer

The connection is made at the reciever box, not at the antenna.

Reply to
Hank

Hi!

...which you can find if you look up from where the pedals are located. (Put your head on the floor or as close as you can come, and look up. You'll see the receiver box. It's a long silver box that will run from the front of the dash to the back where all the wires and such are located.

IIRC there are three bolts that hold it in. It's a pain in the rear to remove, but with some patience you can do it.

Since GM uses a smaller antenna plug than normal, you will probably need an adapter or two to install your disc changer.

Good luck!

William

Reply to
William R. Walsh

Hiya, I just put a Sony 10 disc RF MP3 CD changer in my 94 GMC Yukon and yea it took me a while to figure out where the heck the antenna plugged in.

First the Chevy's use a smaller then normal antenna plug. Any local car stereo shop will sell you an adaptor for $5 or so, or if you order your changer from Crutchfield they'll send you everything you need. I also recommend crutchfield because they send instructions and they have an 800 number you can call for advise. I've used it and they know their stuff. crutchfield.com

Anyway, you'll need to plug the unit into the antenna at the stereo not the antenna itself. The Antenna plugs into a box that is just above and to the right of the accelerator pedal. You'll see a metal box down there with perforated sides. The Antenna cable plugs into the top of it on the rear most side. It just pushes in and pulls out, no screws or anything. I even have to remove the box. In fact if I did it again, knowing what I know now I wouldn't have to touch a single screw on the dash.

The unit in your dash with all the buttons that control the radio is basically just a remote control with a wire on it. All the guts of the stereo are in this box under the dash.

Picture of the box, hope this comes through. Send me any e-mail if you need any help with it.

\ \ \ accelerator pedal \ \

-James

Reply to
James Sutherland