1996 Express van/distributor

OK, I could kick the engineer that designed a PLASTIC distributor. Lucky for me I managed to break the tab that holds the screw for the cap. I could have done it by overtighting, BUT I am very careful when it comes to that due to a few cracked caps in the past. It may have been a cracked before, but I did not inspect it when I took it out so I can't be sure.

ANYway, am I out $140 for a new dizzy, or a bit less for a junkyard one, OR does someone have an idea on how to repair this? I already tried the JB weld epoxy route, and either it did not cure correctly, or long enough because it cracked again.

Any ideas?

For the folks who wanted info on how changing the motor in this bad boy went...be patient...I'll get to the dirt when I get this out of my driveway. This was the first problem I have run into thus far.

Eightupman

Reply to
Eightupman