1997 Blazer electrical problems

Does anyone have any electrical problems with their Blazer? I have a

97 Blazer with a lot of electrical problems. We had to remove a fuse because the doors kept locking and unlocking while we were driving the vehicle. We also have a problem with the interior lights flashing while we are driving, and now the door chime starts chiming at random. My wife thinks the truck is possessed.
Reply to
wolcj

This sounds like an intermittent bad ground or almost broken ground wire causing the current to find ground thru other circuits. If you are going to tackle this yourself you will need the wiring diagram otherwise find a local electrical shop. You might try gently moving wire bundles around to see if you can reproduce the problem and give you somewhere to focus your search. It all comes down to how much your time is worth.

Reply to
Mike Copeland

Sounds like flood damage. Have you had it since new?

Reply to
Bill

Now that you mention that, the 97 I had did have a door switch problem. (Drivers side). The part of the switch that stuck out was bent. Work around was to tape switch closed till I replaced it.

Reply to
Bill