2004 Z71 Surge

Guys

I have a 2004 Z71 double cab 5300 motor with 14,xxx miles. It has a surge with gentle acceleration when it is cold. It also always has an offensive smell. Not sulphur but maybe a hint of alchol. I am burning 10% ethanol. Mileage is disappointing at 14 to 15 on two lane highways. Chevy says all is ok by their machine and it has set no codes. Any ideas?

Reply to
Denny Ruebush