88 1500 vs 91 2500

I am looking at buying an 88 1500 4wd. Mechanically it is fine but the body is rough.

I can obtain a 91 extended cab that has a good body but needs mechanical work. The engine has 270,000 the rear end needs help and the 4wd doesnt work.

I believe they are both 350's. Are the transfer cases and transmissions interchangeable? How about the rear end and wheels (I believe they are both

6 lug).

The 1500 is only $400 with a plow.

Reply to
Connor

the xfer cases should both be NP241's, 6 lug 2500's (aka 7200GVWR) use the same 700r-4/4L60 as the 1500. the main differences between a

7200lbs 2500 and a 1500 are the rear end, springs and brakes. a 1/2 ton will use a 10 bolt, the 2500 uses the much stronger 9.5" 14 bolt. they both use the same pads up front, but I believe the rotors are bigger. the 2500 uses larger rear drums (11 3/32 X 2 5/16, vs 10 1/2 X 2", IIRC)

buy it.

-Bret

Reply to
Bret Chase