95 Chevy VAN 30 HD Box Dome Light/Service Engine Soon?

Hello,

I recently purchased a 1995 Chevy Van 30 HD.

  1. The inside dome light didn't come on (replaced bulb, works fine)
  2. The horn didn't work (replaced fuse, works fine)
  3. The toggle switch controlled dome light in the box doesn't come on
  4. The service engine soon light seems to come on randomly

1 & 2 are resolved, but 3 and 4 are still problematic. I can't tell which fuse might control the dome light in the box part of truck. I have replaced the bulb but get no change. I am automotively retarded and know nothing about wiring. Replacing a bulb or fuse is just about the extent of my knowledge. I don't know if this is a simple fuse issue or something more complicated.

I have checked the following fluids, all of which are normal:

  1. Coolant
  2. Engine Oil
  3. Transmission
  4. Steering
  5. If Brake fluid is typically found in a rectangle shaped "box" then I have checked that as well and it appears to be fine. Whatever fluid is in that box appears to be fine.

The seller of the truck told me that the only time that "Service Engine Soon" light ever came on, he put steering fluid in and the light went off and never came back on.

The vehicle sounds great, drives great, no clue as to why the warning light comes on. Should I grab a Chiltons manual for this truck?? It has 130,000 miles on it. I paid $4700 for it. I have driven it 400 miles over the course of a single trip from Georgia to North Carolina.

Your help appreciated!

Joe

Reply to
razenruin