1994 s10 pickup heater core replace

Just got thru replacing the heater core in my 94 s10 pickup. 6 hrs. start to finish. I read alot of Google group posts before starting this job for the first time. Pretty straight forward. To get the dash to swing down....loosen one bolt under each speaker cover...two bolts under the heater duct on top of the dash. Loosen the pivot bolts on each end of the dash. Disconnect the support bracket that attaches to the dash right under the ashtray. Disconnect the steering column (two nuts) and let in drop down. NOW the dashboard should be able to swing down allowing you room the get the cover and heater core out. Not quite. I was able to get the unit out after alot of pulling on the dash. (put a crack across the top of the dash. no biggy...it's an old truck) Something between the steering column and the radio was hanging up but, I couldn't find it. AFTER I finished the job, I happened to be looking thru a manual for a 1994 chevy s10 SS pickup that I had bought long ago. Murphy's Law.....the instructions for removing the dash mention a bolt from the dash to the steering column support that has to be removed. If you are going to tackle this job.....LOOK FOR THAT BOLT !!!! All in all...not the hardest job I ever tackled. Total time..about 6 hours. Core and a gallon of antifreeze..........$51.00 Good Luck

Reply to
GrocGetr