ABS & Transmission problem at same time

I was driving in the rain and ran thru a big water puddle. Right after this, I had the following problems immediately. My speedometer quit working, 3 & 4 gears were lost, and my abs quit working. When I hit the water puddle, it was raining really hard, I let off the brake right when the abs was kicking in. I am wondering if I have an electrical problem. The vehicle is a 93 Suburban 4 speed auto.

Thanks for any ideas.

Trevor

Reply to
Trevor

Let it dry out.

Reply to
Meat Plow

perhaps the speedsensor got unplugged off the rear differential.

Reply to
Steve Barker

How long ago did this happen? Has the truck had time to completely dry?

Reply to
Mark Schooley

I did some reading of other "similar" posts and got it figured out. It was the speed sensor. I was going to see if the wire cluster that plugs into the transmission had water. So, I get to the speed sensor first, it is on the back of the transmission. I took the plug out to realize one of the wires broke. I rewired it and everything resumed working again.

I found out in reading other posts that the ABS doesn't work when it doesn't know how fast the tranmission is turning the rear wheels. And, the computer that controls the shifting doesn't know when to shift. Fortunately, it would shift into 2nd.

"Mark Schooley" wrote in news:owUfi.652117$ snipped-for-privacy@newsfe16.lga:

Reply to
Trevor