Best Rated threads in Chevrolet Trucksshow all threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

Refurbiishing a Dana 60 rear diff.
I was looking through Jeggs at the ring & pinions. They have some extreme drag racing set ups. This sounds like the perfect setup for an extreme rock rig, right? Able to handle extreme stress, torque,...
10
10

Lifting a 03' 2wd silverado
I'm thinking of lifting my truck, nothing too great, probably 6/7" inch lift, what are the draw backs if any, and what lift manufacturer should I consider, or which provides the best kit?
4
4

Headers on GMC K1500
Well, I finally got my headers put on my 94 GMC K1500 350. What a bitch!! Had a particularly hard time on the driver side set.....pulling the power steering pump, modifying the PS pump bracket so I...
6
6

Fuel smell after engine turned off - Sonoma 2.2L
My GMC Sonoma 2.2L 2WD is running fine, except for a strong smell of fuel after I shut the engine off. I just had a tune -up, but it was occuring before and still occurs every time. It's been doing...
6
6

2003 TrailBlazer 4WD problems - how to get TSBs
Last week my TrailBlazer's 'Service 4WD' light came on, the transfer case indicator lights were all out, and the transfer case switch didn't work at all. I turned the car off for a minute and back on...
3
3

Suburban Battery Connections??
I have a problem on a 97 Suburban. The +ve terminal is reluctant to tighten down and stay tight. The truck still has the original copper ended cables with the lead disc between them. I think the best...
9
9

orifice tube
Hi all. Got a lil' question. Have a buddy with a 95 s-10, 4 cyl. He wanted to save some cash by doing his own ac work. He asked me to evac and charge it when he was done. It didn't seem to work well,...
5
5

4.3L V-6 vs. 4.8L V-8.
My recent post regarding my bad experience with a series of early 1990's 4.3L V-6 engines has received replies from many others testifying that their newer 4.3L V-6's are great engines. Since the 4.3L...
13
13

air cleaner help
I'm trying to find out what air cleaner I have. I was told it is off a Chevy 2.8L V6, but all the cars I have been told to look at have round air cleaners. Mine is roundED but is not a circle; kind of...
4
4

engine hesitation 1993 C1500
I just did a tune up and the truck is still hesitating when I first step on the gas. Other than that, it runs great. I changed the plugs, wires, cap, rotor, air filter, and gas filter. It there...
4
4

1995 Chevy Van G20 Trans Problems
Hello, I have a 1995 Chevy Van G20 and has run beautifully ever since I bought it in 1995. Has 140K and the transmission just died. I was comming home from work and it started slipping when I pulled...
1
1

XM location in Trailblazer
Ok, so this may be getting old, bear with me please..... I got an '04 XM tuner out of a Colorado, but I'll be damned if I can find the harness and connector in my Trailblazer (with Nav radio). Either...
2
2

2001 silverado tranny shifting
After transmission is hot it has a shudder and can feel a vibration when it shifts from 1st to 2nd. truck only has 35000 miles. anybody had any experience with this. Thanks
3
3

leaky windshield washer reservoir 2002 suburban
Hello Does anyone know how to get access to the washer reservoir in a 2002 suburban. Mine is leaking and I need to service it. Tia saul Never Forget
2
2

1985 Chevy Silverado dieseling after shutoff?
With the high gas prices I have now switched my truck over to 87 octane regular. But now I am having all kinds of problems with dieseling after shutoff. The truck runs just fine on 87 octane, I just...
7
7

RPM surge
Help!! I just bought a 2000 Somoma with a 2.2 , AT , 2 wheel drive and when you are holding a steady speed from 40 to 60 mph the rpm will jump up and down around 300 to 400 rpm. If I drive it over 60...
6
6

engine vibration at 1100 rpm
in my 2002 chevrolet silverado with a 4.3 l v-6, which i just bought used with 46,000 miles, a strange problem, occurs whether in 1st, 2nd 3rd or 4th gear, while driving, at around rpm 1100 very...
1
1

high mileage GMC Safari
i am looking at a 1995 GMC Safari V6 rear wheel drive with 178,000 miles...am i asking for trouble to purchase it?...CARFAX says it is an OK vehicle...==RC
4
4

Questions about Intake Manifold 77 Suburban 454
If you are unable to obtain the air compressor or the adapter for the spark plug hole try this. Draw the piston down until the valve just start to open....do not open the valve too far. Insert a lenth...
7
7

1997 Astro Engine Noise/vibration at Idle and Reverse
As the subject header notes, we do not seem to notice the trouble when in park, or in motion in drive, only when in drive (at stop lights, etc.) and in reverse. The vehicle just had some minor work...
2
2