Check Engine Light Question

What controls the light? Is the ECM the only thing that turns it on and off? The light on mine does not seem to be working correctly.

Thank you for your help, Jeff Remove NoSpam to reply, Thanks

Reply to
Kahlua53

Just the ECM. Have you pulled the codes recently?

~KJ/TLGM

Reply to
KJ

Hello When I go to start the truck the light will only come on and go out, but won't come back on. When the key is turned to "on". When I try to get any codes. The will only come then go out and won't do anything else. Once in a while when I go to start it the light will come back on. But if I try to check for any codes it still won't show any codes.

Thank you, Jeff

Remove NoSpam to reply, Thanks

Reply to
Kahlua53

To reset the light temporaly ;

-turn key on

-unplug positive battery cable

-turn key off

-plug battery cable back in

-this resets the computer faults

Reply to
Patrick Colwell Jr

Doing this did not change anything... :( But it's worth a try.