S-10 PU Check Engine Light Problem?

Hello

It's a 89 S-10 pu 2.5L The engine light came on over the weekend and would not go out. The next time I started the engine the light was off. When I got home I tried to check and see if a code was set. The problem I have is this, with the enigne off I put the key into the ECM plug under the dash and turned the key to on. Well, the engine light just came on then went right out. It did not come back on? I turned the key off. Then removed the key from the ECM and turned the ignition key back on. The check engine light may or may not come on and go out then come back on. What am I looking for or is the ECM going bad. I had a very hard time getting it to start Monday morning. I never had this problem before.

Thank you, Jeff

Remove NoSpam to reply, Thanks

Reply to
Kahlua53