Chevy Truck AC/Htr Fan Blower Motor

My truck is 93 Chev., but I think the AC/htr system is mostly the same for several year models. PROBLEM: Blower motor runs first thing every morning. After running for several minutes and if you turn it off, the blower motor will not restart. Sounds like it might be a problem with the blower motor heating up. Does the blower motor need replacing or is there another fix? Would appreciate any advice or help.

Reply to
TB

The general thing to do with electrical problems is to use a wiring diagram and a voltmeter. Then see if the motor is getting power or not.

The other method is the "throw parts at the problem". With this start by replacing the blower motor. Maybe you will get lucky?

To find the problem before buying any parts...

How to use a voltmeter...

If the above link dose not work, search google.com for: How to use a voltmeter

Reply to
Bill

Thanks for the ideas, I will check this. There might possibly be a problem with the power connections to the motor, which I haven't considered. I may take this motor out and run it off the vehicle to test how it performs before replacing it. If it displays the same characteristics as on the vehicle, the best thing might be to just replace it.

Reply to
TB