Chevy S-10 truck blower problem

I have a new issue with my truck blower, it only blows out the defrost vent now and will no longer change when I turn the switch. It still blows heat and AC but only out the defrost vent. I have heard this is probably a vaccum problem but don't know where to look, or could it be something else.

Reply to
Trcrat

Look at the vacuum lines that go into the firewall. Follow it back to the engine. Make sure they are OK. Also look at the brake booster line and the lines that run to the vacuum reservoir under the hood.

Reply to
Steve W.

Just took a look under the hold, close to the vacuum resevoir is a "T" connector and it appears the hose coming off the "T" broke off. I don't see any hose laying loose anyway so I guess I'll have to find a diagram to see where it went

Reply to
Trcrat

Check for the sticker under the hood. What year is this truck?

Reply to
Steve W.

Truck is a 1997, Got the flashlight out and found the broken hose from the small T-connector tucked back behind some wires, took a small piece of hose from the house relaced the broken one and connected to the T-connector, all works well.

Reply to
Trcrat

Reply to
curmudgeon

Yep, That will do it.

Reply to
Steve W.

That's when it's time to look for something else to drive!

Reply to
J.L.Hemmer

A vac leak in my air line to the 4wd valve caused the same thing for me. I think any vac leak will cause the vac door motors to inoperate especially under load. This may not be the case for you but it certainly solved my problem with both my 4WD and A/C and/or blower 'issues'.

Thanks, Andrew.

Reply to
AWN