Dumb, but funny?

Hello all...

A few days ago I came across a lonely 20 ounce plastic Sprite bottle in the street. It looked like someone had just chucked it out of their window.

I've been known to run over various and sundry abandoned drink containers on the road before, and this was just too good to miss. I nailed it and heard the bottle explode. I was near a stop sign and therefore was applying the brake. As I did the anti-lock brakes on my '03 S-10 came on and got to making a lot of noise.

At first I was worried, but I don't think there was any lasting harm done. The reaction of the truck to the sudden explosion of the drink bottle just surprised me...and I got a laugh out of it for some reason.

William The Guesser

Reply to
William R. Walsh

Hey, you got it to explode. Usually, for me, they just bounce out of the way.

If you had the brakes on when you ran over the bottle then the momentary blip in rotation of the wheel might have gotten the attention of the ABS system and caused it to start interupting your braking. That will make noise sometimes.

Maybe that was the truck's way of saying "Target destroyed! OOH-RAH!" ;-)

AP

Reply to
Alan Petrillo

Hi!

Yeah, surprised the heck out of me. It really went off with quite a bang.

Must have been that. I was coming to a stop sign and did have the brake on a bit at the time. I suppose it has to be (and I've never had any complaint about the ABS system on this truck) that the system just must be on a hair trigger in order to work well.

Perhaps so. :-)

By the way, you might want a valid reply-to address.

wct (you know what goes here) walshcomptech (dot) com

William

Reply to
William R. Walsh