finish

Hi group

I have a 97 reg cab short box beautiful black half tonne truck. It just got back from the body shop and got a cut-polish/wax. It is the original paint and since it is black scratches are very noticeable.

2 questions:

What to use to wash? Prior to the detail work I used a soft carwash brush. This left scratches, especially if the truck was very dirty.

What to use to remove dust/ very fine and light dirt/dust off the truck without scratching the finish and without having o go through a wash procedure.

Thanks

Reply to
Rich

sidewinder

I'd like to wash my truck more than once per year! Like I said it is a beautiful truck and it is black. I understand that using a brush when it is dirty will scratch it, even slightly dirty and even if you rinse it first. I have been told a sheepskin mitt or soft spongue will not. I do not want to run through a touchless wash every week. I would like to maintain it's cleanliness rather than washing it. My question is:

Thanks

Rich

Reply to
Rich

Reply to
Mike Levy

Reply to
sidewinder

Its a truck, let it get dirty! The best way I found was to wash a small part with a sponge, then rinse. Don't try to wash a whole panel with one soaking. You need lots of suds and water to wash away whatever it is that's on the truck.

~KJ~

Reply to
KJ

Rich, I have owned black trucks since 1976. There is no way to dry clean a black truck without putting tiny scratches in the finish. I have a powerwasher to wet down and suds up the truck, then use a sheepskin chamois mitt and a bucket to wash it by hand. I dry it with a chamois. It also stays dirty a lot.

Reply to
JR