GMC Sonoma Gas

Hoping somebody here has seen this and can help. I have a 2000 Sonoma I bought used a month ago. After the first day it failed to start, it acted like it was out of gas so I put 2 gallons in and it started fine. The gas gage showed 1/4 tank and it was on level ground. I called the dealer and they looked at it and after 3 weeks they put a new fuel pump in, It seemed to be better until the other day it did it again this time it was just under a 1/4 tank. Now they want to make an appointment to look at it again, it is covered under warranty so it costs me zero but it is a pain to get it in. I have spoken to others that have seen the problem but none of them got it fixed they just keep it 1/2 tank, which is ok but for 9000.00 I shouldn't have to worry about where the gas gage is at. Thanks for any help.

Reply to
Greg And Candy

Seems it needs a fuel sender......

Reply to
Scott M

Use your trip meter as a gas guage......................

Doc

Reply to
"Doc"