how to tell

I have bought a used GMC 2500HD, Duramax and would like to know how to tell what engine is in it,LLY, LB7. I would like to chip it and that is why I need the info. Thanks

Reply to
Craig Patterson

Simple enough request I reckon.....

Rite now yer best bet would be to runn'r on by your favorite local garage and have your favorite local tech take a look at the VIN number.......

cuz from here.......

it looks like it mite be a 1996 model......

but my eyes ain't as good as they used to be, and i can't quite make out the 8th vin number.

~:~ MarshMonster ~takes a toke..........mmmmm...glaucoma...we love you~ ~:~

Reply to
Marsh Monster