Ignition problems

I just got back from vacation last night, and I started my truck that had been sitting in -20 C weather for a week. It started fine so I shut it off after 5 minutes. Next morning I tried my remote start and it did not work. I then went out to try with key and the parking lights were on. I tried to turn the truck over and it would not. I then puttered around with the valet switch and nothing. Finally turned the heat off and it turned over. After five minutes I tried shutting the truck off but it continued to run. I tried using my remote start to turn off, but that did not work either. One odd note is that the heat turned off when I turned off the key, but when my remote start is used, the heat used to work. I installed this remote starter myself a couple of months ago and it worked really well. Could the module have frozen up? Help! Where do I begin?

Tom

Reply to
Tom

Tom,

You have a problem with the remote starter itself or the wiring to and from the remote starter. The heater/AC is turned on by the remote start as well as other ACC circuits. The fact that it kept running after key-off and involved the heater acting weird strongly suggests issues with the remote module and/or wiring.

Start by removing power to the remote module to let it reset itself. If issues still continue, check the wiring for broken insulation/bad connections, etc.

If it STILL is acting funky, replace the remote module.

Doc

Reply to
"Doc"