I have the new Saab 9-7x ad and promo video

I have the new 9-7x ad and promo video, anyone want to take a look? I don't believe it has hit the Television yet.

SaabGuy

Reply to
Saab Guy

believe it has hit the Television yet.

This video is the only video downloadable from my Saab Video website. I currently have 92 videos that I am still searching for an ISP to host.

Take a look!

SaabGuy

Reply to
Saab Guy

believe it has hit the Television yet.

currently have 92 videos that I am still searching for an ISP to host.

Thanks for your efforts! Have you found hasweb? seem to be good value!

murphwiz

Is it free? If not, it's NOT a good value.

SaabGuy

believe it has hit the Television yet.

currently have 92 videos that I am still searching for an ISP to host.

Reply to
Saab Guy

SG - so this is where you've been hiding! ;>...

As for hosts, a good one for files under about 13 megs in size would be putting them on a GMAIL account and giving out the password, but you'd need to "screen" the people first (ie they send a mail to you, then you reply).

But for something a little more professional...

Can get 100Mo with no bandwidth restriction over at

. Put maybe one year section on one site made on there, and make a few more sites and put them on there...

Bittorrent is also a great idea, but in this case, it would be hard to implement because there aren't enough Saabers around to keep it running forever. But, if you'd be willing to make a torrent file (use Azureus) a lot of us on AAS, SaabCentral, SaabLink, Turbo! etc could get it within the week and that would keep the torrent alive. The Saab Turbo Club of Sweden released a lot of these videos on torrent recently, as I'm sure you know... here have a link...

But it will take a long time to go...

In fact, all the "free" solutions will take long periods. But, hey, it's worth it! I've downloaded the full STCS torrent package (except the 484 Mo '82 "Saab Ah Pey Say" one since I already had it) and really enjoyed a lot of the videos.

Another solution is to put them on DVD disc and sell them for a slight fee, like perhaps $5 or something, covering the cost of the disc, packaging, postage, time, and then you can watch them on the big screen. I think I could even do something like that...

Let's try and spread this great stuff!

don't believe it has hit the Television yet.

currently have 92 videos that I am still searching for an ISP to host.

Reply to
SmaartAasSaabr

Smartassaabr,

I totally agree! I want to spread this to EVERYONE in the Saab community ASAP.

I think that the DVD option would be best.

However, if people from SaabCentral, SaabLink, etc can e-mail me at the e-mail address I have on my web page to provide me an account on their site, I could upload them all there.

SaabGuy

don't believe it has hit the Television yet.

currently have 92 videos that I am still searching for an ISP to host.

Reply to
Saab Guy

Actually, I think I've found a pretty good solution!

The SaabLink has put up an "archive" section a while ago, where you can upload/download files etc.

Now don't crash there server with that APC thing, but I'm sure you can put most of the videos on there...

address I have on my web page to provide me an account on their site, I could upload them all there.

Reply to
SmaartAasSaabr

I am going to investigate that ASAP

Thank you!!!

SaabGuy

e-mail address I have on my web page to provide me an account on their site, I could upload them all there.

Reply to
Saab Guy

address I have on my web page to provide me an account on their site, I could upload them all there.

Hey SaabGuy,

I have some webspace and a bunch of bandwidth that I am not using at the moment. What size are the files and how many downloads do you expect to have?

What is your website so that I can find your email address?

Mike

Reply to
Mr Mike NoSpam

As another thought on this, there is the service called

where you upload the file and they send a link in an email. If you get that link and place it in, for example, a news group posting everyone will be able to get the files.

Originally the files were deleted off the server after 7 days (IIRC), but I remember reading recently that the files were able to be left on indefinatley ... provide they are accessed at least once a week.

Mike

Reply to
Mr Mike NoSpam

e-mail address I have on my web page to provide me an account on their site, I could upload them all there.

Mike,

93 Videos totalling just over 4GB.

Can we do it? That'd be great!!

Get back to me when you can