more power from a 95 sierra

I have a 95 sierra 1/2 with a 350 and a getrag 5 spd trans. I want to give it more power it has a 3.08 gear ratio in it and would like to go to about a

3.42 posi unit. Besides this what will help And what issues will go along with the gear change ive read about the drac-vssb board but i dont know if mine has one. The truck is a mid year it has the 96 interior in it but has the old 350 tb injector on it not the vortec. So would i have to modify the box or what? THANKS ALL to those who reply and sorry for the stupid questions
Reply to
rebel

Antilock brake system is going to have a conniption fit. System compares rpms of the front wheels, to the rpms of the rear axle sensor to the speed of the vehicle. when you change the gear ratio nothing is going match up, so that aspect of the swap will have to be addressed. First, find out if that axle ratio was available that year, and also take into account the tire size you are going to run, which will also affect the system.. most of the time your local friendly dealer can make changes to programming fix the problem. Whitelightning

Reply to
Whitelightning