No Springs ???

1985 GMC S-15 Jimmy 2-door 5-speed

whats in the front for springs

??? I'm lost Theres no spirngs!!

how do i lift it 2" ? i put 2" lift shackles in back and got 2" Coil spring lifts but theres no coil springs

Reply to
Fred Harnum

it's got torsion bars in the front. lifts for IFS trucks are very involved and very expensive. you *could* crank on the torsion bar adjusters and deal with a crappy ride and increased tire wear if you want.

-Bret

Reply to
Bret Chase

Yeah, if you want to lift the front of an IFS it costs about the same, or less, to do a SAS (straight axle swap), installing a solid front on springs instead of the IFS.

rhys

Reply to
rnf2

As stated, you have torsion bars.

Sorry, the coil spring spacers would only be an option on the 2wd version.

If I were you, I'd go for a 2" or 3" body lift. Much cheaper than a suspension lift and won't affect the ride quality like adjusting your torsion bars would.

Matt

99 V-10 Super Duty, Super Cab 4x4
Reply to
Matt Mead