Oil Pressure Fluctuation in 91 Burb

As I was driving home for lunch I noticed that my oil pressure was fluctuating wildly between 15 and 45 psi. I've been hearing sounds coming from the distributor cap so I'm thinking that the shaft in there is about to go. I don't believe it's the oil pump as it's brand new, but that can not be ruled out. Any suggestions or other signs to look for that might help me out? This is a rebuilt small block 350, fuel injected, with a 278 camshaft dropped in there.

Reply to
big.drizzt

Usually it's just a bad oil pressure sender.

Reply to
Ashton Crusher

hopefully that is the case with this, as i dont have the time or money to replace alot of stuff. i might just disconnect the electronic oil pressure gauge and just tap into the oil line and run a manual one. what do you guys think?

Reply to
big.drizzt

I think a sender is under $25 and a lot less work to replace

Whitelightning

Reply to
Whitelightning