Praking Brake Stuck

Recent cold weather here in the Northwest (but NOT wet weather) caused my 2004 Suburban 1500 parking brakes to lock up. In the morning they would not release. After three episodes (including one where I had to rock the vehicle for 20 minutes) I took it in for service and was told "We had dozens of calls about this with the recent cold (20 degrees F in the AM's) but there's nothing we can do. Don't put the vehicle's brake on, just leave it on park." Most bizarre advice I've ever gotten from a service department.

Anybody have cold weather issues with their Suburban parking brake?

Thanks!

Reply to
mark1190

Water has got into the Cable ..

Keep the Cable housing Well lubricated to Repel Water !

Reply to
somebody

Good advice, lubed preferably with synthetic oil that won't stiffen up as much., Also if you're on a fairly flat surface then just using Park without the brake is just fine.

Reply to
Battleax