programming pcm

I'm looking at the Diablosport predator programmer. I notice it locks to one vehicle. I have 2 2000 chevy trucks. Is there a workaround or a method where this module can be used on both without reverting one to the stock programming? It seems nuts that I have to pay $400 per truck.

Also, where is the best place to get this device? It seems like they all are asking the same money.

Reply to
Rich

I think the predator is the best handheld programmer out there. It is locked to just one VIN and I haven't heard of a work around. If you have a laptop you may want to look into a tuning program like hptuners. It locks to model /years. You get your choice of 2. So you can tune say any(and as many)

2000 Silverado and any 2004 Silverado's. I think it goes for about $500.00. It comes with a scanner program that works on any OBD2 vehicle.
Reply to
calhoun

Check with Jesse at wait4meperformance.com He will do a custom tune for you for $75. I got one and it is pretty nice. Firmed up the shifts, removed some of the torque management and am getting better gas mileage.

Reply to
Sigwings

thanks, but if the programmer is locked to the vehicle, how will i be able to use it on both? do i have to send him the chip or something?

Reply to
Rich

You need to remove the Diablo and sell it on Ebay. Then call Jesse. He will give you a discount for doing a 2nd one as well. He also has lifetime free upgrades/changes.

Reply to
Sigwings